Prime Edmonton Real Estate - YES! This is a blog post a long time in the making. I have always enjoyed my time spent in MacTaggart - located in Southwest Edmonton - just North of Anthony Henday up to 23rd Avenue, and East from Whitemud Creek to Rabbit Hill Road. Since the development first started up back around 2005 or so, it has grown into a great area for recreation, food, and entertainment!
Here are my TOP 5 things to do in and around MacTaggart.
1) XIX Nineteen restaurant – elevated and elegant modern Asian fusion restaurant. Over 400 google reviews with an average of 4.4. Located near the corner of the MacTaggart area, close to the Anthony Henday. Customers say that this place has great service and the quality of the food is impeccable. The menu is a bit extravagant, so if you’re looking to have dinner for an occasion at an upscale restaurant, this would be the place to go. 5940 Mullen Way, T6R 0R1
2) MacTaggart Sanctuary Path – 2.3 Km trail that loops around the area. It is that great combination of a easy, simple hike that can be enjoyed by all ages along with a couple hills that might be difficult for younger children however there are many different routes you can take. Depending on the weather conditions, this trail might be more difficult if it’s more muddy or icy but a lot easier when the weather is hotter and the trail dries up. The average star rating was 4 stars. Great place to take a hike and enjoy Edmonton’s greenery and it does cross by the Blackmud Creek Ravine and the Whitemud Ravine.
3) The Derrick Golf and Winter Club – private club that offers a wide range of different physical activities that members can participate in, like Badminton, Tennis, Swimming pool, etc. It also has a fitness room with cardio machines, free weights are, and machine weights with a multipurpose gym for drop-in and organized activities. They have virtual golf as well as an 18-hole golf course. You can host corporate events, weddings, conferences, dinners. and special occasions here at the club. It has catering and dining services. You can buy a membership for only a select few of these services or for all, depending on your interests.
4) Windermere Cineplex Odeon and VIP – only a 10 mins drive from the MacTaggart area, you can enjoy watching a movie with friends or family. The VIP cinemas also have a restaurant and bar with food/drinks that also gets sent right to your seat during the movie. A nice activity to do on a weekend with family or with that someone special!
5) Remedy café – 1707 Towne Centre Blvd. This café offers an Indian/Pakistani American fusion of drinks and food. Very niche and hip with a wide selection of vegan drinks and food. Great place to have a sit-down drink with friends or family or to get some studying/work done. The café presents with a warm, cozy environment, and with over 600 google reviews and a 4.3 star rating, you know it's good! You can also customize your drinks and they also have a to go selection of foods and desserts. Get there soon!Posted by Jerad Cox on