The phrase “Life is better in Beaumont” is the town’s current slogan. Those who live there believe that it is more than a slogan, that it is a fact. And the proof is in the numbers: Beaumont has had a huge migration of young families looking to experience the "Beaumont way of life" over the past 10 years. So what exactly is it that makes life better in Beaumont, Alberta?
Here's only a few of many reasons why people prefer Beaumont:
- Location: Only a 7 minute drive to south Edmonton and the brand new Walmart/shopping centre on Ellerslie. 8 minutes to get on the Anthony Henday, 10 minutes to Nisku/the QE-2, and 15 minutes to the Airport!
- Safety : With extremely low crime rates, Beaumont is a place where residents still feel safe allowing their children to walk and play outside, where neighbours look out for each other and where the local RCMP work together with residents and youth to promote cooperation and safety including handing out “tickets” to youth who they catch doing something positive in the community.
- Schools: All of Beaumont’s schools are beautifully kept, clean, bright and welcoming with top notch teachers, French Immersion and Hockey Academy options at all of the schools.
- Community Programming: Which includes 1)The Chantal Berube Youth Centre (CYBC) is a trendy facility that offers a safe and supervised environment where youth can mingle and socialize with peers and participate in various recreational, preventative and educational programs;2) Beaumont Indoor Playground – a parent-run cooperative for children ages 0-5 to enjoy free play, socialize and burn off some of that energy during the fall and winter months, 3)Skate Park, Four Seasons Spray Park, Aqua Fit Centre, extensive walking/biking trails and bikes, and the Ken Nichol Recreation Centre mean there are plenty of place to play and exercise within the town, and 4)Town planned events such as the Beaumont Blues Festival, Beaumont Town and Country Daze, Brighten up Beaumont and Movie in the Park nights.
- Communities in Bloom: The town and residence work hard each year to maintain a clean and inviting appearance, and is a continual participant and recipient in the Communities in Bloom program. A revitalization plan of the downtown core is also helping to grow the town’s attractiveness.
- Golf: There are 2 golf courses within 5 minutes of town (Eagle Rock, and Coloniale) and another 3 or 4 courses within a short 15 minute drive.
The town of Beaumont has carved out a nice niche in the Edmonton area as a place that's different - it's not the bustling city like Edmonton, nor a bedroom community like St. Albert or Sherwood Park. It still has its small town charm, a rich cultural backbone, and a desire to continue provide a better life for its residents and businesses.