The 3 most important things when buying real estate is time, energy, and money. They often roll into each other in one way or another. It is important for home buyers to know how they can save their time when viewing properties - and how saving this time will save you energy and money in the long run! It reduces stress, increases It allows you to make a better decision for you and your family when it comes time to buy a home!
Top 5 Ways To Save Time When Viewing Homes
- Be pre-qualified for a mortgage - There is no bigger waste of time than to look at numerous homes and spend time, energy and money on viewings only to find out that you are approved for a lesser amount than what you have been looking at. Make sure that you have an approval from a mortgage professional before you start going to view homes in person.
- Have a working Home Needs/Wants List - Remember that you have to say no to many homes on the market in order to say 'yes' to one. Using a needs/wants list when you are going through Edmonton MLS listings will help you to define what homes should be viewed in person and what homes shouldn't. This way you won't waste your time and energy going to a place that you know you won't like.
- Use Google Maps to Your Advantage - Google maps can be used a few ways. One way is to use the street view feature to see the home and surrounding homes at the same time. Seeing these views may alert you to a problem such as little street side parking or a rundown home beside you that may eliminate the home from contention. The traffic view will allow you to see how long it will take you to travel to and from work, school, etc on a day to day basis.
- Use the Map to your advantage - Make sure to divide your interested areas up so that you concentrate a home viewing session to a similar area, rather than multiple areas of the city. This will save hours of driving and money in gas, and will allow you to focus on the important stuff - the homes!
- Have your ducks in a row - There are many real estate professionals you will need in the purchase of your home. You will need a mortgage expert for financing, an home inspector for the inspection, a lawyer for the legal piece of the puzzle, and possibly various tradespeople to help get the home up to your standards. And, of course, you will need a Realtor such as myself to help you along the entire process! By getting these professionals in place you will not have to scramble within tight time periods to find one. This can save you money as well as it prevents you from having to pay someone extra in order to 'rush' a service.
Keep these things in mind when it is time to buy your next home - you will save time, energy and money by doing them!